Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Spring Cleaning

I just had two glorious days off. My weekend, which should have been relaxing and restoring, enabling me to go back to work rested and energized.

NOT!

Instead, I spent most of yesterday shoveling out my daughter's room. No, I didn't take any pictures, it would have been too embarrassing. She's a total slob, a small failing I've been trying to combat since she's been mobile; considering how remarkable and wonderful she is in general, I think I'll take her slobbishness!

That took up all of Tuesday afternoon and evening. Today I spent six hours clearing out my walk-in closet. You see, my puppies are enamored of paper. They love shredding it and playing with it and eating it. Since I pay all of my bills on-line, I tend to be lazy when it comes to opening my mail. I obviously can't leave it sitting out, or the dogs would get it, so, since the infernal hounds haven't yet figured out how to turn door-knobs, I've been chucking the mail into my closet, along with anything else I didn't want them to destroy (which was quite a lot). Out of sight, out of mind...until now.

Photobucket

Almost all of the above, plus a lot of half-chewed decorative pillows, ended up below.

I think I must have emptied my shredder six times.

Photobucket

All that was left was this:

Photobucket

Which has now been filed away in the appropriate file-folders in the fire safe.

Whew.

Then Silver and I tackled her walk-in closet, which is much bigger than mine, but which thankfully wasn't as overflowing with stuff.

Our next project will be folding the huge Mount Everest of clean laundry that has been patiently waiting. We have no dressers, so...we NEED our closets!

But that's for tomorrow, I'm beat.

4 comments:

4chun Cookie said...

WOW!! U weren't kidding! I'm so proud of u!! I know how cleaning can end up a chore!

Christina RN LMT said...

Thank you! It was a big relief...

phlegmfatale said...

Wow - you accomplished so much. I'm going to use you as an inspiration. I need to make inroads on my messy house daily, and I need to put in some hard time like you have. Well done, honey!

Christina RN LMT said...

Phlegmmy, SUCH a feeling of satisfaction and accomplishment!
I still have quite a few items on my to-do list, but I don't feel as overwhelmed anymore.
Good luck in your endeavors, it helps to make a "schedule of events" and to try to stick to it.