Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Harder!

It never ceases to amaze me how much punishment the smallest, skinniest people can take.

If I can feel your ribs creak when I'm doing a deep forearm or elbow stroke up your back, you don't need deeper pressure!

Also, hot stone massage is for relaxation, just the fact that they're radiating heat is therapeutic, the heat penetrates deep into the tissues.

You don't need me to apply deep pressure with the rocks, they can actually chip bone.

Go visit a swami and learn how to walk on coals or lie on a bed of nails, and stop bothering me.

But thanks for the tip, I appreciate it.

3 comments:

Chuck said...

I don't think I'd want a massage that was too hard. I want to relax and not be sorer than when I came in.

Christina RN LMT said...

Some people just don't feel like the massage is effective, or that they got their money's worth, unless they're sore. It's sad, really! Drinking lots of water during the 24 hours post massage will help alleviate the soreness, however.

phlegmfatale said...

ew, masochists!