Thursday, March 27, 2008

Speaking of weird names...

Phlegm Fatale had an interesting post earlier this week about weird names.

I massaged a lady today who was named after one of the books of the Bible. And as if that wasn't strange enough, when I undraped her back, I noticed she had a tattoo in the prime "tramp stamp" location.
It said "Las Vegas".

Now, I don't know her story. Maybe she's hoped and dreamed all her life of coming to Vegas, maybe coming to Las Vegas is the pinnacle of her ambitions. But, come on! A TATTOO?!

I dream of moving to Denton, Texas in a few years, and you don't see me running out to Absolute Ink and getting it tattooed on my lower back, do ya? Now, a tasteful Lone Star flag on some portion of my anatomy...that's possible, I suppose. Or maybe the phrase "Don't Mess with Texas!".

Speaking of dreams, my daughter shared this gem with me yesterday. Apparently, nominations for Prom King and Queen are in the works. Her school's "tv station" ran the following ad: "Vote for Prom King and Queen, make someone's dream come true!"

Silver told me, "If becoming Prom King or Queen is your dream, you have serious priority issues!"

I gotta love that kid!

4 comments:

HollyB said...

Check your email, I just sent you one about this post.

phlegmfatale said...

Again - she's the kewlest!

LBJ said...

That is one young woman who will reckon with life well. Congratulations for raising such a fine girl.

Christina RN LMT said...

Thanks, you guys!