Saturday, March 08, 2008

Clients

Yesterday, I massaged a very, very large lady who laughed uncontrollably during most of the massage. Thankfully, she warned me about it, or I might have been even more unnerved than I was. It was very infectious laughter to boot!

She told me afterwards that she'd be coming back in two months with a friend; then she took my card. I love repeat clients!




My last client today was a very handsome young man who had booked a 90 minute deep tissue massage. He told me upfront he liked a lot of pressure, that he was a bodybuilder and received massage regularly.

I really gave it my all during this massage, I used all my tools (elbows, loose fists, knuckles, etc.) to make sure he got his money's worth. I told him at the beginning not to be macho, to tell me if it was ever too much pressure, but still monitored him closely for any signs I was going too deep. I was working on his lower back and noticed his fingers were twitching. I at first assumed I needed to ease up a little, then I heard a noise...he was SNORING!!

Here I was working my ass off, and he was sleeping.

When we were finished and I handed him his water outside of the treatment room, he shook my hand and said, "Christina, you're obviously a professional. I've had many massages, but that was by far the best deep tissue massage I've ever had."

Inside my head I was squeeing, but also thinking, "How do you KNOW, you were sleeping most of the time!" Then again, maybe that's his measure.

He took several business cards (He's visiting with NINE friends), and he also filled out a comment card at the front desk. AND he tipped me $40.00.

The trifecta of awesome.




Apropos of nothing, I'm making progress in NOT cussing people out when on the road, yay, me!

4 comments:

phlegmfatale said...

This may sound corny, but I think the universe rewarded you for your humble joy at the little old lady and her $2 tip. You deserve it. I want to have a massage from you!!!

Christina RN LMT said...

That's a really nice way of looking at it. Thank you.
Well, come on over! Have you ever been to Vegas?
Now I'm worried, though...what if you don't like my massage?! What if you think I suck, would you be honest? Would I WANT you to be?!
Stress.
Must take deep breaths...

Zelda said...

I wish you worked in our clinic. I don't really like our massage therapist and she only works once a week.

If Jethro and I ever make it to Vegas, I'm coming to see you.

Christina RN LMT said...

Sweet! Just let me know, I'll be there!