Thursday, June 25, 2009

Don't worry.

I'm not going all emo on you! It's okay to feel depressed once in a while. It's normal, even; and I need to cut myself some slack when I do get this way (and it's a rare occasion, I'll have you know!) The fact that Silver failed her driving test yesterday really contributed to my bad mood earlier in the day.

Instead, I'm focusing on the GOOD things right now.

(Woo...bullet points!)

-my kids and I are all healthy (and my dogs are, too)
-I've been exercising regularly again, and my weight will start dropping soon
-I've got not only one job, but two (or three, if you count WSOP, which I'm going to attempt again tomorrow night)
-I did all the laundry this morning, folded it, and put it away
-I vacuumed the entire apartment
-I dremeled both dogs' nails and brushed their teeth
-I had an excellent afternoon at the chiropractor's today
-I have a plethora of wonderful friends and acquaintances both online and in meatspace
-I will be moving into a HOUSE with a yard (hopefully) and a pool (hopefully) before the end of the summer. I'll share it with two good friends and split the expenses.
-I have no cavities, and both the dentist and the dental hygienist were impressed with the cleanliness of my teeth (TMI?)
-I always have something to read (very important!)
-I was able to do 35 push-ups on Tuesday, five more than I've ever been able to do (girrrrrrrrrrrrl push-ups, but still!)

Well, that's all I can think of right now. It's an impressive list, no? So I'm gonna quit my bitchin'. Have a wonderful Friday and a fantastic weekend, Friends.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're moving by the end of the summer? I was hoping I could visit Las Vegas one last time. :(

Anonymous said...

Well, have fun! Hopefully we could visit on Christmas!

Home on the Range said...

Glad you are feeling better. Don't sweat the weight thing. You've lost 80 pounds! Your body may just want a little time to breathe and get used to it.

Hope the day is good for you in every way.

Christina RN LMT said...

Tally, I'm moving to a HOUSE, with a POOL (hopefully). I'll be living there until the end of the summer of NEXT year, so you'll be able to visit next summer, 'k? :)

Brigid, just like I never stay angry long, I don't feel down long. I'm naturally an optimist!
I'm being more positive about the weight thing, too. It'll come off.
I hope your day is spectacular, my friend.

Buck said...

I read this post first, and then the one below it. One has EVERY right to bitch, piss and moan every so often, coz shit happens. Besides that, there's nothing so irritating in life as the chronically cheerful... you get the feeling that they aren't in TOUCH with reality, ya know?

The key, which I believe you've mastered, is to get it off your chest and then move on.

Suldog said...

That is an impressive list. Hell of a productive time for you there. Makes me want to take a nap just from reading it :-)

Christina RN LMT said...

Buck, I do try. I think, as cheesy as it sounds, it's important to be in touch with your emotions. That's something I learned in the class they made me take before my bariatric surgery. You have to be aware of what's going on inside you, and you have to be honest with yourself. Everything else flows from there.

Jim, the sad thing is (and it's something I've been working on), I still think, "Oh, but I still have x, y, z to do!" No one is as hard on me as I am. I need to be nicer to myself! And naps are the bomb, btw.