Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Just got back...

from walking a little over 5 miles with my dogs. We had a lot of fun, though my precious pups were dragging a bit there towards the end. I took some pics, petted some horsies (squeee), and now am rejoicing that I don't have to go to the gym today. Oh, and I won't have to dremel my dogs nails this week, either. They did that on their own, walking and running on the hard surface of the road.

I also really enjoyed hearing the croaking of frogs whenever I passed a pond (tank?). Cicadas I'm used to hearing. Frogs? Definitely none of those in Las Vegas!

As we walked across the yard to the street, I noticed some daffodils (?) spearing up from around the base of a tree. Did my taciturn, redneck, macho roommate plant these, or were they here when he bought the place, eight years ago?

Photobucket

Here are some of the views on our walk. I'm sure they will be even more beautiful when spring has fully sprung!

Photobucket

Love the water tower in the distance:

Photobucket

I'm sure very soon a bird couple will be using this nest:

Photobucket

The following REALLY amused me. A massive gate structure, suited to an equally massive mansion, plantation, or ranch house a la South Fork, yet up the driveway is a modest, unassuming three-bed-room (probably) brick house. The brick does match, though! Oh, and you can see Harley's butt in the second picture. The sun was so bright today, I couldn't see what I was photographing most of the time!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Speaking of my pups, they were so tired by the end of our trek, they stood still long enough for me to take pictures!

Photobucket

Inconceivable!

And when we finally got home, they lapped up a bit of water and collapsed. They are STILL sacked out, for that matter.

Tucker tuckered out. Harley is buried under sheets and blankets.

Photobucket

All in all a very good way to pass a couple hours. Now only if my 85 SPF sunblock had worked a bit better...*sigh*.

21 comments:

Yuri Orlov said...

Very cool! Pretty country and pups!

Mudruck said...

Looks gorgeous out your way. The weather sure looks warm too! Wanna trade some cold, rainy weather for a clear day or two?

Nice looking dogs there too, what breed?

Christina RN LMT said...

Thanks, Yuri!

Mudruck, it POURED all day yesterday, so the blue sky was nice. It was in the seventies, but very windy.

My dogs are Italian Greyhounds, the smallest sight hound breed, though they are in the Toy Group. I love 'em!

Farmmom said...

What cuties! Looks like you aer having a wonderful time in your new home.

Christina RN LMT said...

I am, but I'm definitely looking forward to Colorado!

Old NFO said...

Good pics! And a good walk NOT spoiled... :-) The pups obviously needed a little exercise too!

Christina RN LMT said...

Old NFO, thank you! And they are still sleeping. Took a potty break about an hour ago, now they're curled up again.

Dave (aka Buckskins Rule) said...

Beautiful dogs! Regarding the house, maybe they ran short of bricks after building the entry :)

Christina RN LMT said...

Thanks, B.R.!

You might have a point...unfortunately, the scale is not so readily apparent in the pictures. The gates and brick wall were well above the level of my head.

Elisabet Zhen said...

Your dogs are such adorable little rockets! Maybe a parasol like the GoLite Chrome Dome trekking umbrella to prevent skin scorch? Although very windy might "Mary Poppins" you...

Christina RN LMT said...

Elisabet, I was very tempted to wear a hat, but it was so windy that I knew keeping it firmly planted on my noggin would be a challenge, so I opted for more sunblock and sunglasses. I'm just singed around the edges a bit, not completely scorched!

Thanks for the compliment on my pups, they are ALWAYS appreciated.

Buck said...

Agree with the others on the puppehs!

Daffodils? Already? Yow!

Christina RN LMT said...

Thanks, Buck!
The amazing thing is how quickly the daffodils bloom. The tightly furled ones in the background of the picture, which is from yesterday, are now fully open. BEAUTIFUL!

Anonymous said...

Pond= something in the yard ya put the fish in.

Tank= the big watering hole in the pasture.

Your dogs are beautiful, kinda makes me miss mine.

And Texas doesn't even COMPARE to Colorado.........I can't wait till July. My family vacations up there every summer. It's been a while since I've been to the cabin, but there is nothing like it.

AP

Christina RN LMT said...

AP, I guess they're all tanks here, then. Pretty ones, with croaking frogs. :D

Colorado is beautiful, indeed, but I love my new home. Don't harsh my mellow, Woman!

Anonymous said...

Not meaning to "harsh your mellow".......LOL. I'm glad you love your new home and growing up around your new home I can say Colorado is prettier. Though there is some beautiful scenery around there. Matter of fact I might just have to make me a trip down 1201 Saturday. I miss my lake!!!!

AP

Bag Blog said...

Are those whippets? How cool is that?!

Christina RN LMT said...

Close, Bag Blog...Italian Greyhounds!

They are the smallest greyhounds, a toy breed. Harley is around 13 pounds, and Tucker a whopping 19. He's huge for an IG.

phlegmfatale said...

It was such a grand day out - thanks for sharing the photos! It's nice to outlast the pets on occasion, innit? It's nice when they sleep like logs afterward, too, innit?

Christina RN LMT said...

Oh, no doubt, Phlegmmy! It's so quiet and peaceful. For a few hours, that is!

Julie said...

sounds (& looks like) a fantastic walk ...