Thursday, February 25, 2010

Seen at a local Mom 'n' Pop burger stand...

a sign stating:

HIPPIES USE THE BACK DOOR. NO EXCEPTIONS.

With a big arrow pointing to the back of the place. I laughed. I need to get a picture of it next time I'm there. (Note to self: always carry camera in purse, dammit!)

Also amusing was a patient I was chatting with as she was waiting to see the doc. We were commenting on how MOTHERFUCKING COLD it's been lately, and what we've been doing to combat our goosebumps and chills without racking up the utility bills.

She kept talking about how awesome "vortex" was, and I had to hide my chuckles, since I'm pretty sure she meant "gortex". Oh, well...it rhymes nicely.

7 comments:

Buck said...

Heh. It's been that cold here, too. And me without vortex. (Sigh)

Christina RN LMT said...

The power of vortex compels you!

Steelghost said...

I wonder if perhaps she was making a reference to this heater.

http://www.amazon.com/Vornado-VH2-Vortex-Heater/dp/B00006C7HJ

Suldog said...

Good Lord. My question is, does anybody ever voluntarily use the back door? :-)

Christina RN LMT said...

Steelghost, we were talking about wearing layers of clothing, otherwise I'd say it might be possible. :)

Suldog, I'm pretty sure there isn't even a back door in the place! It's in a tiny, old converted gas station. You know, the old-timey gas stations that only had one pump?

SCI-FI said...

Love the sign. I've been explaining what hippies are to my kids. Gotta teach them young to keep 'em safe...

Christina RN LMT said...

You never can tell about these dangerous hippie types!