Saturday, July 18, 2009

What a day!

I had a fantastic day at the spa today. I wasn't TOO busy, where I feel like I need to be on life support when the day is done, but the four people I did massage were EXCELLENT tippers, and that makes a huge difference. If every person I massaged tipped me the way my clients did today, I'd have no financial worries at all. But for every generous client, I get two or three skinflints. Such is life in Las Vegas!

After work, I picked Silver up and we went to WalMart to get various groceries. She's suddenly interested in learning how to cook (less than a month before she goes off to college, where she'll NEVER have to cook), so we picked up some stuff for her to make shrimp in butter/ginger/cilantro sauce. We'll see how that goes...

I also had to buy some exercise pants. Workout clothes and undies are the only items I refuse to buy at the thrift store. I mean, I have to draw the line somewhere, right?

I got teary-eyed in the fitting room, because I couldn't believe I had to buy the smallest size pants available, size 4-6. I feel like the incredible shrinking woman!

Now, there's no way in hell I could fit into size four jeans, for example (yet!), but these pants are slightly stretchy and fit just fine. Now I can work out in style (or at least without my pants bagging everywhere!) Let's see how long I can wear these...;)

UPDATE:
Forgot to mention something. There was a family with a very young toddler in the WalMart while Silver and I were there. It was quite disconcerting to keep hearing things like, "NO! NO, Christina, don't touch!"; "Go with Grandpa, Christina."; "Walk, Christina...I'm NOT going to carry you. Yes, you CAN walk."
My head kept whipping around every time I heard my name. *LOL*!

10 comments:

Julie said...

so proud of how you're doing with your weight loss !!! Keep up the good work!

Christina RN LMT said...

Thanks, Julie! Gotta keep on truckin'.

Buck said...

My head kept whipping around every time I heard my name. *LOL*!

THAT'S pretty funny! I think I'd react in the same way...

And, once again: Good On Ya for the downsizing. (You could take that comment several different ways, all good. :D)

Christina RN LMT said...

It WAS funny, Buck. And thank you. I think I need to stop talking about my weight loss so much, though...I'm starting to bore myself, I can only imagine how boring it is for everyone else! ;)

Dave (aka Buckskins Rule) said...

Buck took the words right out my mouth, err, keyboard...

Roismhaire said...

No, no, no! don't stop talking about it! Seriously - I need the motivation1 And it's FAB that you're down to such a wee size.
Oh, I spent the day in an aromatherapy class where "Rosemary" was brought up quite a bit. Did you know I can be massaged on cellulite? I'm off to put some me on me. I need it!

Julie said...

i'm with Roismhaire ... don't stop letting us know how you're going with the weight loss ... i might be feeling jealous - not definitely not bored :)

Christina RN LMT said...

Thanks, B.R.!

Roismhaire, I LOVE rosemary...and roses, and lavender, and peppermint, and...:)

Thanks to both you and Julie for the kind words, I guess I'll keep you posted when something momentous occurs. Regarding weight-loss, I mean! Because when anything else momentous occurs, of COURSE I blog about it!

Suldog said...

Love the little Walmart story. Having a nickname of "Sully", in a place as heavily Irish as Boston, I've had more than my share of head-whipping-around moments :-)

Christina RN LMT said...

Oy, Sully!
I can only imagine...:)