Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Update...

So. I sent the collection agency a debt validation letter, so that they will send me copies of everything they have that proves (to them) that I am responsible for the bill.

I found a lawyer and talked with her on the phone for almost an hour today. It's nice to have somebody willing to go to bat for me! As soon as I have all the paperwork together, I'll set up an appointment to meet her at her office. I used the Nevada State Bar Lawyer Referral Service to find her (thanks again, Ed!).

She told me it sounds like a breach of contract case. First we will send demand letters, and if the situation is not resolved by these, we will *gulp* sue.

I hate, HATE the thought of that, but I will do whatever is necessary to get this whole mess taken care of and my credit cleared. It has already had a negative impact not only on me, but on my daughter, too. She needed a co-signer for an alternative student loan, and the bank denied me because of the open collection.

Luckily, my brother has agreed to co-sign. Thanks, Grosser Bruder! Without his generosity, we'd be up the creek without a paddle and Silver would not be going to North Dakota.

That's it from Drama-LLama-Land.

In other news, my future roommate is awesome. I can start moving things in piecemeal anytime now! He cleared out the rooms I'll be using, so I think I will start emptying my closets and getting a jump on things. I took my pups over to meet his, and the meeting went well (except for Harley pooping in his kitchen! THAT was embarrassing!) Hey, he's used to using the litter box, he just needs to get used to using the doggy-door to go outside. After much scolding, he was aware he'd done a no-no, and did go outside to pee. And this is WAY too much information.

It's been really slow at work except for Saturday, and tomorrow isn't looking much better, unfortunately. I did one half hour massage yesterday, and two massages today, one a half hour, one an hour. Thank God for my part-time job! The chiropractor is certainly keeping me busy. :)

And finally, I took the doggehs to the park this evening, and we ended up smack-dab in the middle of a thunderstorm! I think we were inside the actual park for maybe two minutes, then the heavens opened and it really started pouring. We picked the dogs up and sprinted for the car, but we still got soaked! Hey, at least we were laughing!

I hope everyone has a marvelous week, I have Harry Potter to look forward to. Silver and I are going to watch the movie on Wednesday, and I can't wait! You have another One Word Review to look forward to now...isn't that special?

9 comments:

skywind said...

Relaxes yourself, good luck. :)

Christina RN LMT said...

Thank you, Skywind!

Buck said...

Good news on the collection front! Yays!

As far as it being slow in the spa... isn't this a slow time for Vegas in general? By that I mean who really wants to hang out in 105 degree heat? (Except for the locals... and they can't leave...)

Roismhaire said...

It's slow with me too, girl. I'm hoping it's just a time of year thing and it doesn't last. I've only got 2 today.

You have a stupendous week yerself.

Christina RN LMT said...

Buck, it does normally slow down a bit around now, but not like THIS. I've done four massages in THREE DAYS, two of which were only half-hour massages. It's awful.

Roismhaire, here's wishing you the best week EVAR!

Anonymous said...

Wow, it sounds like you're finally getting things cleared up. One less thing to worry about. Can't wait to visit you! I really hope I can visit on Christmas. I love you and miss you, mom!

Anonymous said...

Oops. I didn't capitalize "mom".

Zelda said...

I'm so glad you found someone who can help you. This did seem monstrously unfair. And don't feel badly about suing because this is what suing is for.

Christina RN LMT said...

Tally, I love and miss you, too! *mwah*
Don't worry about capitalization...this is the internet!

Zelda, thanks. That's what everyone keeps telling me...I still feel bad about it, though.