Sunday, April 19, 2009

Too honest for my own good?

I got out of work early today because I had nothing booked all afternoon, so why bother staying when I'm not getting paid, right? Plus it's another gorgeous day outside! :)

I received a text message yesterday from my supervisor at the part-time gig, letting me know that our checks were ready for pick-up. Squeeeee! My first check!
Anyhoo, I swung by the NY-NY on my way home this afternoon and picked up the check. Imagine my surprise when I saw that I had been overpaid, by $25 in fact.
I immediately called Christine, my supervisor, and told her about it. After a few calls to accounting and HER boss, she called me back to let me know NOT to cash the check, that I'd have to return it on Tuesday, and will receive the corrected check in about a week. *sigh* Not that I need the money, or anything. So, am I too honest for my own good? Nope. It's called doing the right thing, even when it hurts.




UPDATE:
Christine called me back and told me to go ahead and cash the check. I'm supposed to just add an extra $25 to my daily deposit after work on Tuesday. Hey, works for me!

10 comments:

Dave (aka Buckskins Rule) said...

Well, that kind of sucks. It was only $25, you'd think they would have an easier way to fix the problem.

Well, at least you know in your heart that your integrity is intact.

Christina RN LMT said...

Yup. Thanks, Buckskins! There's been a development that I will add to my post, however...

Dave (aka Buckskins Rule) said...

Holy Moly, Batman!! Common sense prevailed!

What that a pig I just saw fly past?

Christina RN LMT said...

They're coming hard and fast now, *whoosh*...;)

Leslie said...

I would've told them they could just take the $25 out my next check. That's their bad. =)

Buck said...

All's well that ends well! Good on Da Management for coming up with the common-sense solution. I agree with Buckskins: pigs DO fly! Sometimes.

Christina RN LMT said...

Well, unfortunately that wasn't an option they wanted to consider, Leslie! Their bad, indeed.

Buck, I know! I was really relieved.

Kevin said...

Yup, right thing indeed, but their way of initially fixing things was not cool. You shouldn't be inconvenienced for THEIR screwup.

Anonymous said...

Good for them that they don't have a dishonest employee! Bad for you that they have a competence problem.

Christina RN LMT said...

Kevin, I'm glad they came to their senses!

Kvegas911, it seems to be an on-going theme...unfortunately!