Friday, April 04, 2008

I'm sorry, I can't help myself...

I have to post more stuff my 16-year-old daughter told me. I don't want to forget it, and if I can share it here, so much the better! You can skip this post if you want...

The other night at dinner, we were talking about dating, specifically why she doesn't want to date high school boys (stupid and immature), and what she'd be looking for in a guy at college and beyond.

She said, "I'd have to go with a nerd."

"Why's that?" I asked.

"A nerd would be sure to understand at least HALF of what I say!"

Hmmmmm. She's on to something there.




Last night at dinner we were talking about death and any possible afterlife.

Silver said, "If there IS a heaven and hell, I think I'd rather go to hell."

"WHAT?! WHY?!"

"Well, if heaven and hell exist, can you imagine the zealots that are up there? I'd rather be in hell with all my gay friends, 'cause according to a lot of people, that's where they're headed."

"..." I had nothing to say to that!

2 comments:

HollyB said...

I like the way this young lady thinks. You have done a superb job of raising her!

Christina RN LMT said...

Thank you, Holly! I take (almost) no credit, sometimes I think she turned out this way despite my parental efforts! She's a good egg.