Tuesday, January 22, 2008

When life hands you lemons...

Sometimes, the only thought that gets me through the day is, "When I get home, I can blog about this!" So everything bad that happens turns into blog-fodder.

Also, sometimes I think karma is a bitch.

Take today, for example. There I was, minding my own business, futzing around in my jammies, perusing a site I discovered this morning. Good stuff, by the way, you really should check it out. AFTER you read this, of course.

Have pretty decent plans for the rest of the day. Take Silver to her allergist for her weekly shots, take dogs with us, since the super-awesome-ginormous dog park is just a few blocks away from the doc's. After that, take exhausted doggies home and head out to see "Cloverfield", since Silver is obsessed by it. Should be fun, right?

Maybe I shouldn't have almost gloated in my last post about the fact that I have today off.

My phone rang, and it was my boss, who proceeded to beg and grovel piteously for me to come in to work, Please, Christina, please, it's an emergency, you're my last hope...! I could practically hear the violins in the background.

But did he need another therapist, because everyone else was booked? Oh, nooooo he needed me to man the reception desk and close the spa. Oh, fun.

And I hadn't even showered yet (I told you, that's a damn good website I found!)

So I raced around getting ready, poor pups went in their pen, and Silver and I hit the road. Yes, I took her with me! She still had to get her shots, dammit. So all the way up North to her doctor, then all the way across town to the Strip, all on the surface streets since I'd heard that I15 was shut down for some reason.

Finally clocked in, and reacquainted myself with the front desk procedures. It all came back to me with horrifying rapidity, and after all the hard work I'd put in trying to forget I'd ever even worked the front desk, too!

There outta be a law.

In any case, "Cloverfield" was out, but we did make it home in time to watch "American Gladiators", so all was not lost.

There I go again, making lemonade!

Oh, well, as someone or other once said, tomorrow is another day. (Was it Scarlett?)

6 comments:

Chuck said...

Help me Obiwan Kenobi, you're my only hope!

Ain't it great to know you're a reliable person and folks can count on you? Your willingness to help out will be rewarded triple fold, I'm sure...

Can't wait to see Cloverfield myself.

Christina RN LMT said...

Well, that's what I kept telling Silver, "Think of the brownie points I'm racking up, plus, my evaluation is due..."

Re:Cloverfield...I hope I don't get motion sickness!

phlegmfatale said...

well, it's okay to work the occasional off-day - just don't let them do that to you on a regular basis-- that would be an abuse of a very good staff member.

Christina RN LMT said...

Don't worry, Phlegm! I don't let anyone push me around. They really were desperate though. I wouldn't let them put me on the front desk when I have massages scheduled, either. That would be money out of my pocket!

4chun Cookie said...

That really sucks!! Ur such a nice person to have gone in2 work on UR day off!!

Christina RN LMT said...

Stop it! I'm getting a sore arm from patting myself on the back!