Monday, February 16, 2009

Is something wrong with me?

We're having a contest at work this month. Management is really pushing us to sell upgrades and add-ons to services, and whoever posts the highest dollar amount wins a Target gift card. Not to mention that the employees get FIFTY PERCENT of whatever add-ons or upgrades they sell. That's huge incentive right there! I whipped up a handy little list of all our add-ons, made copies, and put them in clear plastic holders in every room, so that they would be available to all massage therapists and estheticians.

It being Valentine's Day weekend, we got tons of couples' massages Saturday and Sunday. It didn't matter who it was, male, female, if I was in the room first or last, I struck out with my spiel every time. Nobody wanted add-ons or upgrades. But twice, TWICE, Angie managed to get her client to add on something, and her client then convinced his/her respective spouse to do the same. What the fuck's up with that, hmmm? Why has my add-on mojo deserted me? The end result in this case was the same, I still got the credit (and the money) for the add-ons, even though Angie was the instigator facilitator. So I should be happy, right? WRONG! I'll be observing carefully over the next few days to see if my mojo returns. If not, I'll have to work on some kind of ritual. Any ideas?

2 comments:

Buck said...

No tips here on the spiel here. You're in the (virtual) presence of the World's Worst Salesman. It's a trait I'm kinda proud of, actually. But then again, my livelihood never depended on ME selling anything. Others, yes... but not me. ;-)

Christina RN LMT said...

I was doing fine for a while, but the last few days, nuthin'!