Sunday, June 27, 2010

Fun walk, despite bickering...

hey, sisters fight, or so I've discovered!

Here are the twins, on the start of our walk:

Photobucket

And here are the three graces:

Photobucket

A delightful steam-punky mailbox at the end of the road, which I've been meaning to photograph for weeks

Photobucket

And a beautiful tractor which appears to be mostly decorative:

Photobucket

At the end of our walk, kitties waited to be cuddled:

Photobucket

Photobucket

A fun time was had by all...mostly. ;)




I've been trying to get used to the sheer VOLUME and PERSISTENCE of talk-talk-talk-talk-talk...I'll get there. But I've declared a moratorium on bickering and sniping...wonder how long it'll last. Any guesses?

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

You will miss it when it's gone... but I know that feeling... overwhelming urge to run miles away and stick fingers in ears... either that or scream QUIET...

I get the feeling when we are on the umpteenth run through of the same song on the piano with full volume singing...

Christina RN LMT said...

ARGH. Even worse when you get the song stuck in your head, right?

Buck said...

...wonder how long it'll last. Any guesses?

I'm guessing it's over as we speak, given the time of your post and the time now.

Holly said...

Ah, the many joys of raising teenagers. Better thee than me, my friend.

On a Wing and a Whim said...

I was gonna guess five minutes, or one attention span, whichever is shorter.

Cute kids, and cute kittens! Have fun!

Home on the Range said...

What cute pics! Thanks for the call, sorry I couldn't talk longer, I was drained.

Dave (aka Buckskins Rule) said...

Christina, I've got three daughters, ages 24, 19, & 16. I'll let you know if the bickering ever stops...

More tractor pictures, please!

Christina RN LMT said...

Buck, you're right. But today was apparently a better day than yesterday. Which is good, believe me!

Holly, I'm having a blast! Better teenagers than toddlers. :)

Thank you, Wing! We are having fun.

Brigid, you need to focus on getting better and taking care of yourself, my friend! I was so glad to talk to you, but not if it makes you feel worse. Feel free to tell me to call back some other time, if you need to rest. I won't be offended!

Buckskins Rule, please don't destroy my fantasies of family unity, squabble-free!
And you have me searching for tractors everywhere now, though I haven't seen any as decorative as the one in this post.

Sarah said...

My sister's 20 and I'm 28. Mom says that she'll let you know if the bickering and sniping ever stop.

Of course...it's the same with boys, as evidenced by the fact that our three brothers (they're between us, incidentally) still bicker and snipe like crazy. :)

Christina RN LMT said...

Sarah, noooooooo! Say it isn't so!

LOL...I figured. I just hope they learn to control themselves a little better and maybe walk away before the fur starts flying.