Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Lucky baby!

Three of us would-be nurses shared a patient at clinical yesterday, and he was SO SWEET.

A two-month-old boy with RSV and pneumonia, his folks had other children plus transportation issues, so they had to leave the hospital several times during the day. Luckily, the nurse had PLENTY of help with the baby. ;)

My classmates and I took turns in the rocking chair, cuddling and bottle-feeding the sweet boy. To keep him calm and/or sleeping, and to help me stay awake, of COURSE I sang to him. Turns out I wasn't the only one!

I bet he's the only baby in the world to have German Minnelieder and folk songs, French pavanes, American movie musicals, Beethoven, and Tibetan lullabies sung to him all on the same day. Or maybe not. But either way, he's one lucky baby!

4 comments:

BGMiller said...

Tibetan lullabies?

BGM

Weer'd Beard said...

mine likes Warren Zevon!

Christina RN LMT said...

BGM, my classmate Tenzin is originally from Tibet. :)

Weer'd, she has excellent taste!

Kabob Recipes said...

Niice post thanks for sharing