Saturday, February 01, 2014

I fantasize about this a lot.

I daydreamed during my incredibly boring Community Health Nursing orientation session.
I was thisclose to snapping because a woman with a PhD kept saying "diagnosises" (much like my Adult Health professor two semesters ago).

I wanted to jump to my feet, screaming, "ONE 'DIAGNOSIS', TWO OR MORE 'DIAGNOSES'! GET IT THE FUCK RIGHT, GODDAMMIT!" Then storm out of the room, shouting "I'm done here!" and slam the door on my way out.

Since I intend and fervently wish to graduate in December, my fantasies will have to remain safely in my head. And on this blog.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

There's probably a diagnosises pending here, but I won't identify it!
:-P

gfa

Buck said...

Heh. I do SO relate.

Aesop said...

Notably, all that's required for embarking upon a Ph.D. is a qualifying master's, but not basic intelligence nor any expertise with the English language.

Christina RN LMT said...

Guffaw, I think I'm definitely diagnosable, for MANY disorders. I just hide them fairly well. :D

Buck, GMTA.

Aesop, that's another fantasy I had: That people with advanced degrees actually have brains and know the English language. Imagine my horror!

Suldog said...

Ugh. If someone doesn't get the jargon right, how can you trust them to perform the services needed? Seriously! It would be like you referring to yourself as a masseur.

TOTWTYTR said...

Suldog, as a friend of mine who is an RN frequently tells doctors, "If you can't spell the name of the drug correctly, how can anyone trust that you know when to prescribe it?"