Sunday, September 11, 2011

How to commemorate the ten year anniversary ...

of the most heinous terrorist attack on American soil?

By going about my business as if it were any other day. I'm not watching TV or listening to the news. I might read some of my regular blogs. But other than that, I refuse to live my life one jot different.

I'm giving friends massages. I'm doing dishes (the dishwasher broke) and folding laundry. In a bit, I'm going to babysit my friends' kids for a couple hours while they go have some shooty fun.

Business. As. Usual.

Don't give the bastards the satisfaction of seeing our anguish, our rage, our fear over the events of September 11, 2001. They deserve nothing but our contempt and our resolve to put an end to their despicable business.

4 comments:

Old NFO said...

Concur... except I'm cleaning guns.

North said...

Eating bacon.

RabidAlien said...

Start with bacon. Then expand to cover the rest of the pig for the other meals. Make sure your pets get a Beggin-Strip (doggy bacon!) so they can join in with you.

Buck said...

In the "better late than never" spirit... I did eggs-zactly the same sorts o' thangs. No teevee, lotsa blog reading. And positive thoughts for the victims and their families, negative thoughts for the perps (putting the last mildly).