Thursday, February 17, 2011

Priorities...

I haz dem.

So I apologize for the dearth of posts. I apologize for the fact that I've not been keeping up with my blog reading. And I apologize for not being on the GBC very much at all lately.

This is my last semester of prerequisites before I apply for nursing school. I HAVE to get A's, or I can kiss my chance at even being invited to TEST for nursing school goodbye.

My statistics class isn't exactly difficult, but it's online, which means it's very time-consuming. And the SNOMG!MAGEDDON! we had here two weeks in a row meant that those two weeks were A&P II-free. And now we're playing catch-up. Which means lots and lots of home-study before our first exam next week.

So, anyway...that's why I've been so AWOL lately. And also why it will likely continue that way until May!

Don't worry, I'll still pop in now and again, and I do try to read everyone else's blogs sporadically, it just won't be every day like I normally do.

Bear with me, my friends!

9 comments:

BGMiller said...

Priorities seem perfectly in order to me m'dear.

Eyes on the prize and all that sorta thing.

Best of luck to you and don't worry about your readership. We'll just chat amongst ourselves and swap bacon recipes.

BGM

Old NFO said...

Priorities are correct Christina! You go do what you've gotta do, we'll be here when you get back!

Sarah said...

No...INTERNET! FOREVER...

(Because Allie said so.

Seriously, though, do what needs to be done. We're big boys and girls, so we can entertain ourselves. :)

Scott McCray said...

Oddly enough, that brass ring doesn't ever seem to grab itself! Go gettum - proud of you. We'll just chat quietly amongst ourselves 'til you have some free time...

Keads said...

Do what you have to do! We will be here when you get back.

Christina RN LMT said...

I've said it before but it bears repeating: I have the BEST READERS EVAR!!!!

Thanks, Y'all!

Mike W. said...

Oh good lord. No need to apologize. Real life comes first. It's not like we're gonna stop reading & commenting just because real life gets in the way of your blogging.

BGMiller said...

And now for the bacon recipes.....

Finely diced shallots
Finely diced bacon
Apple juice
Brown beef stock
heavy cream

Render bacon in a heavy bottomed pot.
Add shallots and cook slowly until caramelized.
Deglaze the pan with the apple juice and stock.
Simmer until reduced by half.
Finish with heavy cream and simmer gently (do not boil)

It's like liquid bacon goodness to be ladled over any roasted, seared, or grilled dead animal.

Oh...how much you ask?
Enough.

:)
BGM

Shannon said...

You're doing the right thing, C ~ keep up the fabulous work!