Sunday, August 12, 2007

San Diego.

So, here's my promised travelogue of Silver's and my trip to San Diego last week.
Don't worry, I won't blather on too much!
The first day there, after we checked in to our hotel (in Little Italy), we headed over to Mission beach, 'cause Silver wanted to swim.
Since it had only been three weeks since my surgery, swimming was verboten for me. Bummer. But I got to lie in the sand and doze, which was heavenly.
Here's a pic of a bizarre sea creature that washed up on the sand, causing a huge number of beach goers to throng. I thought for a moment a dead body had washed up, or something! Silver took the picture, I was too comfy to stir from my spot!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

On day two, we headed to the world famous San Diego Zoo. Why, I don't know, 'cause pretty much every zoo is the same, and I'm not a kid anymore to ooh and aah over every critter I see. But I digress. And digress some more, just to let you know NEVER to go to the zoo in Las Vegas, because it really, really sucks.
Here's a picture of my older offspring, Silver the Evil Chao (don't ask!), and the blue hair is history as of last Friday, since school starts soon, dontcha know, and the Clark County school district's dress code is very strict.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Here's a polar bear eating a carrot, of all things:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

And here's finally a picture of me...NOT!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Day three entailed a trip to that most bloated of parks, Sea World.
More critters, yay.
I did really enjoy the sea lion and otter show, which spoofed the other shows in the park. I laughed my ass off!
Shamu Rocks disappointed a tad, 'cause you were so busy watching the frickin' show on the screen, you sometimes missed some of the killer whale's tricks, oh, I mean BEHAVIORS. Gotta use the PC lingo. ;)
The fireworks after the show, which they coordinated with the music playing, were really spectacular.
I guess I just got frustrated because I couldn't go on any of the rides. It was kinda boring to always wait for Silver. The river ride had an hour wait.
I had brought a library book with me, and if that isn't sad, I don't know what is.
Here's a picture of my fabulous pedicure, since I got REALLY bored waiting for Silver:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I love purple, obviously.

Believe it or not, that's the only picture I took at Sea World. Silver took a couple, but neither of us took any pictures during performances...we were too busy watching!

On our last day in San Diego we headed for the pier and spent four wonderful hours on the USS Midway. What a fantastic experience that was! I told Silver that going to the Midway alone would have been worth the trip to SD.
In case you have no clue what I'm talking about, the USS Midway is an aircraft carrier that is now a floating museum. I'd link to the Wikipedia article, but I'm retarded that way and Silver is already sleeping!

Here are some pics, instead:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Tight quarters aboard a naval vessel!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Silver in the brig...no, I wasn't tempted to leave her there, honest! ;)

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Engine room:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

After our Midway experience, we headed back to the hotel for a little rest, then later in the evening we walked to the Gaslamp District. That was a blast, the District really reminded me of a European city, with all the shops, clubs, and restaurants on the ground floor, with living spaces above. We ate a late dinner at a Thai place, outstanding food, and we ate outside in the sidewalk patio dining area.
That's one thing we both miss about San Diego...the weather!
Apparently, according to the weatherman anyway, it was very warm while we were there. It got all the way up to 83 degrees, GASP!

Wimps.

It was balmy for Silver and myself, after living in Vegas for so long!

Here's one pic I saved for last, the sign for a bar/club that made us think of Big Dick, of Big Dick's Place. In his honor:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

So, that's that!

We had a really great time, and can't wait to get back there.

Hope you all had a great weekend!

4 comments:

phlegmfatale said...

Wow - the San Diego trip looks like a hoot, and I love Silver's not-found-in-nature hair color. I love your sandals, too. I'm having travel-envy.

Christina RN LMT said...

Yup, we sure did have fun!

JL said...

I'm no expert but that sea creature looks like a portugese man of war jelly fish.

Christina RN LMT said...

J.L., according to my daughter, to whom I suggested the same thing, apparently the tentacles were "frilly" and not long enough to belong to a portuguese man of war, plus it didn't have a "sail" on top, which men of war use to catch the wind and drift about.
It's also the wrong color.
She's the expert, not me!
And thanks for stopping by, I appreciate it!