Saturday, May 30, 2009

A Wash.

Well, I didn't go to WSOP last night. I was getting ready, which also included drinking copious amounts of (half-caff) coffee through a straw, and ended up getting sicker than a dog. I don't know if it was the coffee, the amount of coffee, the fact that I probably swallowed too much air because of the straw, or any and all combinations thereof, but it wasn't pretty. I'll leave it at that.

I'm off to my full-time job shortly, and will be going to WSOP (I keep wanting to say, "Whassuuuuuup?") after I leave there tonight. Hopefully I'll make so much money it'll make up for not going last night. Well, as my daughter told me while convincing me to stay home last night, the World Series lasts for six weeks, I'll be okay.

8 comments:

Blondefabulous said...

Not through a straw.... intravenously! DUH!I thought you knew that!

My captcha word is fochi. (sounds like f*cky) LOL!

Christina RN LMT said...

Oh! I knew I was doing something wrong!

Zelda said...

Little sips, grasshopper, and soon you will be pouring the searing hot liquid down your throat with the best of them.

Christina RN LMT said...

Zelda...it was ICED COFFEE! I don't even drink it hot. But still, I drank too much, too fast. But I've learned my lesson, definitely!

Zelda said...

Actually, I knew it was iced coffee. I was just thinking you might graduate to the hot black stuff with enough practice. :-)

Christina RN LMT said...

Black?! *shudder*
There's no way on Earth I could ever, ever drink black coffee. I have to have soy milk or creamer out the wazoo to stomach the stuff. Srsly. Plus lots of sweetener. Then it actually does taste semi-okay!

Buck said...

There is NO such thing as "too much" when it comes to coffee. But... you knew I'd say that. :D

Christina RN LMT said...

Buck, you and coffee go together like peanut butter and jelly! It wouldn't surprise me if you got a coffee tattoo!