Sunday, May 10, 2009

Things they don't teach you in massage school...

"Beware of Falling Rocks."

My last massage of the day was a hot stone massage. I was almost finished, working on the right arm and about to do the head and neck massage, when my client shifted, causing the two stones resting on her thigh to slide off and plummet onto the top of my right foot.

Ouch.

Of course I couldn't say anything (or curse loudly, for that matter, which is what I was really inclined to do...). I just finished the massage and wondered why nobody ever warned me of falling rocks...

6 comments:

Z@X said...

No getting stoned on duty!

Happy Mother's Day.

Christina RN LMT said...

Yeah, I really should avoid getting stoned...at least it's only happened once! ;)
Thanks, James!

Buck said...

You need one of those yellow diamond-shaped "Falling Rock" signs I used to see ALL over California to put up on the wall! But I never did see a falling rock, come to think on it. But then again, I didn't spend all that much time up Big Sur way...

Christina RN LMT said...

I wonder what the clients would make of those signs?

Anonymous said...

I have always wanted to get a hot stone massage....minus the MT's broken foot, though.

Christina RN LMT said...

They feel so good, kvegas911!