Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Lovely

It was extremely slow at work today, so slow in fact that I only had one massage all day. I threw in the towel after lunch and headed home. I've been shamefully neglecting my puppehs all this past week, mostly because of school, so this was the perfect opportunity to take them to the ginormous dog park up North, which is several acres in size. It was pretty darn hot already, upper nineties for sure, so we only managed two laps around the inside of the fence before we'd had enough. (The puppehs were panting, which is something they almost never do.)

I headed for the nearest decent-sized tree and threw myself down in the shade. The park was deserted, my two dogs (relatively) quiet, so I just relaxed with my eyes closed and allowed my thoughts to wander where they pleased.

It was simply lovely. So very peaceful and calming. I actually managed to doze off in the grass. Until, of course, Harley pounced on me and demanded attention! That was okay, too. We were there for THEM, after all. After some pats and scritches, he wandered off to explore the enticing scents all around him, and I dozed off again.

Bliss. Which I'll try to repeat as often as I can.

7 comments:

HollyB said...

Yeah, Harley had to go check his "messages" from other dogs left on tree trunks. And add his own replies, no doubt.
I'm glad you and the dawgs had a good time.

Christina RN LMT said...

Yup, will have to do it again soon.

memory_lucky12 said...

That sounds pretty awesome. That sounds like a nice way to spend the day.

Christina RN LMT said...

Definitely, Chaos. I only stayed for an hour and a half, but it was perfect.

Anonymous said...

*sigh* that sounds wonderful! I need a day like that! Amazing how just a little bit of peace can rejuvenate you!

Christina RN LMT said...

Even if it's only for a few minutes! It really makes a big difference in how you feel.

mizscarlett said...

Where is this dog park? I must find it!!!