Sunday, July 17, 2011

Who knew?

I had no idea that my pups would be so good at Bug Patrol!

I was sitting on the gazebo with Harley on my lap, when he scared the shit out of me by starting to lunge and snap. For a brief moment I was worried he was having another seizure, then I realized that he was snapping at mosquitoes! Tucker, who was lying on the dog bed, joined in, and it was the sound of castanets all around.

I guess my dogs hate mosquitoes as much as I do, or else they love the taste of 'em!

Weer'd, Harley and Tucker have found their prey drive at last, and it only took being bitten by skeeters a few times!

Who knew?

6 comments:

Weer'd Beard said...

It appears the insects are insectivores! Who knew?

: )

Old NFO said...

LOL- That's funny... :-)

Buck said...

My puppehs would snap at flies (and catch 'em, too), which REALLY grossed me out.

BGMiller said...

LOL.....

Little schnauzers have never really gone after any of the flying sort of bugs. Indy has discovered the joys of cicadas as they emerge every evening and head for the trees to molt. He'll go snuffling along with his nose down and every few yards we'll hear a snort and crunchy sounds.

BGM

og said...

Wait until their poop starts glowing
http://neanderpundit.com/?p=954

Bluer said...

Yep, my beagle loves doing that too!