Saturday, February 18, 2012

More local linguistic foibles

I've noticed that folks use "lay" instead of "lie" a LOT (really makes me cringe, btw.) And also "anyways" which is NOT a word. Just sayin'...

Filed under misc.:
-I got my first chemistry lab report back, 95! W00t!
-I've written two essays for my nursing class so far, several more to go.
-I have my first chemistry exam on Wednesday (gulp!).
-The director of the chamber singers is a bit too lackadaisical for my taste. He was absent last Wednesday and the accompanist directed. I was warned by another singer that he was a bit of a Nazi. She was right, and I LOVED IT. We finally got shit done! He kept order properly and we REHEARSED.
-We had a fire drill yesterday, right while I was in the middle of working out. Just call it workoutus interruptus.The entire building was evacuated, and all us gym rats were huddled together outside, in our shorts and t-shirts, trying to laugh about how quickly the sweat froze and how many calories we were burning with our shivering. Luckily it wasn't too cold and the sun was shining.
-I've noticed a student who wears a burqa to school, and I wonder what her student ID picture looks like.
-There's an actual "Occupy NBU" movement on campus. They have a folding table and chairs set up inside the main campus building, with four, two-man dome tents behind them. On the cold, marble floor. LOL. They are the butt of many jokes.

That's all for now!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think I need to go lie down after reading that post

Christina RN LMT said...

THANK YOU! FINALLY! :D

Old NFO said...

LOL, interesting things... at least you're not bored!

Mulligan said...

supposably

orientated



.. just feeding the monster :))