Sunday, June 19, 2011

Worst. Massage. EVAR.

At least that's what my last client told my boss about the massage I gave her.

Don't get me wrong, I have gotten the odd complaint here or there, it happens. You can't please everyone, every time. This was different, though.

She came to me from my esthetician colleague, from whom she got a facial and eyebrow waxing...where there was a wee waxing mishap, resulting in her left eyebrow being slightly truncated compared to the right. You know what, shit happens.

So she was PISSED OFF before she walked in my door. Did she say anything to my colleague? No. Instead, she whined to me about not being able to relax during the massage, because of her EYEBROW, and abruptly shortened the massage from an hour to half an hour. I bent over backwards to make her happy, obviously unsuccessfully.

She told my boss that she could barely even feel my touching her, that it was the worst massage she's ever had, bitched about the waxing (which she didn't pay for, of course.) She refused to receive another massage from a different therapist, accepted the 10% discount on the massage she got from me. After she made sure she had everyone's name, our district manager's email address (you know, so she can bitch some more), she literally THREW the money she owed at my boss and stormed out of the spa.

Look, she had a legitimate gripe, I get that. But there are better ways to resolve issues than acting like a petulant child.

11 comments:

TBeck said...

Some people enjoy the attention that throwing a tantrum gets them. Or, as Walter Jon Williams once put it, "Assholes always advertise."

Guffaw in AZ said...

You pegged it.
'petulant child'

Fortunately, she probably won't return.
Probably.

Bag Blog said...

Some people would complain if they were hung with a new rope.

Old NFO said...

Bitch sounds more like it... Just sayin...

SCI-FI said...

The client is clearly a sweaty orangutan who knows nothing of quality. Your touch is pearls, and she is clearly swine.

It's unfortunate that some people get a burr up their keister and then decide to spray indiscriminate fire at everyone in the company.

Once she unwinds her ass-spring, hopefully she will realize how good she feels. From the massage.

'Drea said...

You know what? She probably could not feel you touching her because she stayed with the anger instead of concentrating on the fact that you were being ultra-nice and accommodating.

Mulligan said...

barely even feel your touch?

Those fingers could work the kinks out of IronMan's power armor

grumblegrumble... I can't believe I'm gonna have to actually DRIVE to my next massage...waaaaaaah

Mike W. said...

"But there are better ways to resolve issues than acting like a petulant child. "

Some "adults" never grow out of the petulant child phase....

Christina RN LMT said...

Thanks, Y'all. I appreciate the support!

LMB said...

If by "Legitimate complaint" you mean Terminal Bitchitis, then you'd be correct. What a c**twhistle.

Cargosquid said...

Sounds like.....she needed a massage......she sounds....tense.