Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Inquiring Minds...

Just tossing a quick question out there:

What on earth would motivate someone to bring their parents on their honeymoon?

Here's the deal.

As of the moment, I'm working as a medical assistant in a clinic on the Strip.

Today, besides no-bra woman (who was NOT a patient, so didn't even have the excuse of being sick to forgo the bra), we had a 31-year-old lady with a sinus infection who is spending her honeymoon in Las Vegas with her new hubby, mommy, and daddy...WTF???!!!

The only people I want to see on my hypothetical honeymoon, besides the hypothetical groom, are the room service waiter and a delivery person from the pharmacy, dropping off more condoms.

That's it, finito.

I want no parents, in-laws, kids, or pets to muck it up!

What do you guys think? Am I being too harsh?

FYI, the folks in question are from Texas...does that have anything to do with it? Is it a cultural thing I'm clueless about? Am I being politically incorrect? (Not that I'd care about that.)

Well, at least all my loony patients provide me with blog fodder.

And, since I mention no names or locations (besides generalities), please don't start bleating about HIPAA violations! (you know who you are, HIPAA nazis!)

3 comments:

Dick said...

Parents along for the honeymoon...
Wow, those folks need more help than I can give em, and I'm thinking that being from Texas has nothing to do with it. Unless of course, they're from really deep, East Texas. Then, all bets are off.

SFC B said...

I dunno, maybe the parents are paying for the honeymoon and wanted to go to Vegas?

Christina RN LMT said...

Good point, SFC B.
But if that's the case, it's very sad!
I'd rather "honeymoon" in my own home than schlepp the 'rents or in-laws along.