Wednesday, April 19, 2017

People are fucking disgusting...

(here was an AMAZING rant about a situation at work, but I found it impossible not to add in enough details that someone could potentially identify the patient, so I deleted it.)



Fucking motherfuckers. Pieces of shit.  (this was the end of the post).

Anyway, sorry about how click-bait-y this seems.

I've been really busy trying to finish my chemo certification. I mean, I took the class, passed the exam, and have my chemo card, but I have to get "signed off" on all different types of chemo (three times each, no less), in order to be officially certified and stuff.

Seeing as I work exclusively night shift, it has been understandably difficult. Therefore I've been sacrificing quite a few days off to go in during the day to do some chemo.

Fun times.

We're also currently seriously short-staffed on my unit, so I've been working a lot of overtime shifts. Tired. That's what I am!

For some reason, social media just isn't floating my boat recently, I have no idea why.

And I have the advent of my (dear God, PLEASE) soon-to-be-a-college-graduate daughter to look forward to, as she will be moving back home until she finds a job that nets enough that she can support herself.

Three grown women in a tiny, two-bedroom apartment...what could possibly go wrong?

Wait, don't answer that. I've already gamed out every scenario in my head!

Anyway, life's busy, there's never enough time in a day to do everything that needs to be done, etc., etc.

Basically just like every other sap out there on the planet!

Well, if you're still out there, reading my wittle blog, thanks! I'll try to make more of an effort to post more frequently than every few months (oy!).

See you on the flip side.

6 comments:

thinkingman said...

Know how you feel. I am a Certified Peds RN, recently "separated from service" as short term lapsed into long term disability. Had a surgery, waiting to see how things shake out. Please keep posting, even if you need to do so sporadically. It's good to hear from someone still on the Job.

Chris said...

I've never been a professional type in the medical field, which is why I appreciate you sharing what you do.

Some years ago, I offered the other bedroom in my apt to a family, they had been friends for several years, and were moving. Four people in a two bedroom apt for two months, I'll never do that again. Yes, I still talk to them.

Suz said...

Keep blogging when you get a chance. As an RN in Home Care I enjoy hearing how this are in the hospitals. Nice to hear it's not just home care that gets all balled up.

Long time ago I learned to not take more than 16 hours of OT in a pay period. No matter what my base pay rate was, more than 16 hours of OT always burned me in taxes. I would lose the extra to taxes.

If you are working nights, and going in days to get certified in chemo, you are definitely burning the candle at both ends. Get some extra rest so you don't get too crispy around the edges. Getting grumpy with patients, even those who deserve it, is never a good idea. Just my $0.02. Been there, done that. Not pretty :)

And don't worry about not blogging every day. We here in the blog world will wait til you can get back to us. The chemo stuff comes first!!

Old NFO said...

We're still around :-) do what you gotta. Just rename your place estrogen central... LOL

Christina RN LMT said...

Thanks for the encouragement, everyone! I really appreciate it.
I never get grumpy with patients, for what it's worth. The disgusting people I was referring to in the title are family members who make dying patients Full Codes and let them suffer. Ugh, I find it so repugnant!
Anyway, I'll keep on posting when I got something to say. :)
I'm definitely trying to avoid burnout, but it's tough to say no to overtime when I need the money and when the unit really needs the help!

Take care, everyone!

c-90 said...

"They're the common people, salt of the earth... you know... MRONS."

paraphrasing Blazing Saddles