Saturday, April 20, 2013

On a lighter note...

Just before I left the hospital after clinical the other evening, I prudently made a pitstop at the public restrooms on the first floor. After all, you never know if the train service is going to be delayed (or canceled!), and you should never miss an opportunity to pee, right?

As I was winding up my affairs, I heard a phone ring nearby, and a man answered and started talking.

"Odd," I thought. "Is the door somehow propped open, and the guy is talking right outside? I hope nobody heard me pee!"

As I was washing my hands, I realized that the voice was coming from a stall behind me.

"Excuse me, but this is the women's bathroom."

"WHAT?! I'm in the WOMEN'S ROOM?! Oh, God...hold on, I'll call you right back!"

So, not only did he waltz into the women's bathroom without noticing the lack of urinals, he also answered the phone while taking a dump!

I didn't wait to see if he'd finish pooping before leaving and calling his friend back, or if he'd pinch a loaf and hurry to the men's room next door to complete his business.

Some things are just destined to remain a mystery. And I'm okay with that.

6 comments:

Mark said...

Well I haven't gone quite THAT far, but once while reading Heinlein I did accidentally walk into the ladies room. Oh my face was red afterwards. However it was the lack of urinals which cued me that I was in the wrong restroom.

Buck said...

There's nothing quite so embarrassing (in a trivial way) as walking into the wrong rest room. I've done that more than a few times, but never got to the point of actually entering a stall.

Daddy Hawk said...

To quote the CEO of my company: "At my age, never pass a bathroom or trust a fart."

Suldog said...

First, yes, one should never pass up the opportunity to take a whiz. What are you going to gain if you do?

Next, I'm always amazed at some of the business people take care of in the john. We had a fellow who worked in the office next to ours - a lawyer - who would set himself up on the throne, spread his papers on the mens room floor (!!!), and then call clients while dropping a dookie. I made it a point to flush long and loud if I happened to be in there with him when he did that.

Evyl Robot Michael said...

I accidentally used the ladies' room when I was a teenager. Thankfully as I have aged, I have become far more observant.

Anonymous said...

I was at a truck stop/travel plaza on I-40 this past week, taking care of things, when a guy on a cell phone wandered in. He probably stood there for 30 seconds before suddenly realizing the error of his ways. I wanted to call out something like "cool! Life imitates blog," but he probably doesn't read this blog.

LittleRed1