Tuesday, April 30, 2013

If you like werewolf/vampire (urban fantasy) stories...

then you HAVE to read "Written in Red" by Anne Bishop! Yeah, I was all, "Yawn...another vampire/werewolf/human story."

*insert eyeroll*

But I'm a huge fan of Ms. Bishop's so I gave it a shot. I'm SO glad I did! Just when I thought nothing new could be wrung from that tired old trope, she took it, shook it out, and made it look AWESOME and fresh.

I don't want to give anything away, but let me tell you this: I have very little time currently for reading fiction. The semester is coming to an end and I have a boatload of things to finish and lots of studying to do. Yet in the two weeks or so since I bought the book, I've read it THREE TIMES. Yep. Three. I have other books in my TBR pile, yet I chose to reread "Written in Red".

And that means something.

Get it and enjoy.


3 comments:

jumblerant said...

Thanks for the new author to follow - have you read any Larry Correia? His Monster Hunter International books are very imaginative, gripping and yet somehow fun!

Christina RN LMT said...

I own every book Larry's written, some in multiple copies, and most of 'em are signed! He's awesome.

jumblerant said...

Yeah, I got signed copies too - I just wanted to spread the love a bit.

Good luck with your studies!