Tuesday, January 29, 2013

I got nothing.

I had two posts in draft form, and I just deleted them.

Lemme just give you a quicky update, okay?

My girls are all back in school in FREEZING North Dakota (poor things!), and I miss them terribly.

I started school yesterday, and while my professor is extremely well-versed in her field, a weekly three hour block of watching her wave her hands about while making the "A-OK" sign, flipping her bangs back with a toss of her head, and listening to her pepper her lecture with "Correct?" and "Okay!" is going to drive me INSANE.

I had the flu. Now I have viral pneumonia (according to Mrs. Sci-Fi, and she knows her shit). I'm getting a little better every day and yesterday I started exercising again, walking VERY SLOWLY on the treadmill. I cannot exert myself at all, but I figure after lying in bed for a week, something is better than nothing!

I've had no caffeine in a couple weeks. I had no idea I could sleep so deeply! I'm fatigued right now, but I'm chalking it up to the pneumonia. I hope I can keep the ban in place, caffeine just affects me far too much.

I've lost 8 pounds since the beginning of the month, three pounds of which I can also chalk up to the effects of the flu/pneumonia, since my appetite for the past few days has been zilch. I cut out all baked goods and it seems to be working pretty well for me. It enables me to stick to my max calorie limit, which is so necessary yet so difficult. Dieting sucks.

I hate driving in the snow. And I hate other drivers in the snow even more.

While doing the readings in preparation for my first pharmacology class (an HOUR from now, ZOMFG), I discovered that we have no clue how many anesthetics work, only that they do. Scary, isn't it?!

And that's all for now, just wanted to let y'all know that I'm still alive, albeit barely kicking. ;)

4 comments:

Wally said...

ZOMG girl, get ahead of this bug and get back to kicking ass.

The snow thing just flat out sucks, always!

Buck said...

Viral pneumonia damned near killed me in the way-back... and it DID kill a friend of mine the same time I was hospitalized. Take good care of yourself, Christina. That stuff is NOT to be taken lightly.

Old NFO said...

Be careful Christina... that is NOT something to 'play' with...

Christina RN LMT said...

I'm taking it really slowly, believe me. I ran up the escalator to catch my train yesterday and spent a few minutes thereafter wheezing. But I can walk on the treadmill at 2 mph for an hour, and I'm fine.