Sunday, October 09, 2011

Overheard on the Range...

As I'm walking up to the BIG GUN table (as I call it), Aepilot Jim and Old NFO are shooting at the farthest target. Jim is spotting and NFO is the one shooting. 

Aepilot Jim: You hit it in the right shoulder...

Old NFO: Got it.

Me: Uh...are you actually shooting at that critter out there?!

Both men: WHAT critter?!

Me: The one that's walking around between the tree and the haybales behind the target!

They both look up from their respective scopes.

Aepilot Jim (huffing in exasperation): That damn llama is out there again!

Old NFO: I'll tell FarmDad.

I sigh in relief, until I realize that I have to wait to try the Barrett until the llama is herded out of range.

Me: Dammit!




3 comments:

Weer'd Beard said...

fucking llamas!

Wish I was there!

Anonymous said...

Just like the drama llama to ruin a good time.

THOTpd

Old NFO said...

Yep, Drama Llama 'almost' became a literal drama... 60x spotting scopes are NOT good for scanning, and I was concentrating on trying to make a 700 yard shot with 20+ knots of wind... sigh