- Masshole drivers. I'm speechless.
- Bruiser has picked his people, and it's not us. I'm maintaining the polite fiction of "This is my cat, I'm just SHARING him with you." and taking food up to my neighbor's place, but I'm just kidding myself. I don't see him at our place anymore at all. *sigh*
- We made a pilgrimage to Zimman's to look for fabric for costumes for a certain EVENT that's rapidly approaching (COLUMBUS DAY, GAH! I NEED TO LOSE TEN POUNDS!), and I was completely floored by the mountains and mountains of gorgeous available fabrics. I'm pretty sure Phlegmmy would have been in raptures. We took a pic of a bolt of fabric that we believe she'd love and sent it to her...haven't heard back yet, I hope she didn't pass out from squee overload!
- Outback Steakhouse. Chain restaurant? Yes. But their new wood-fired prime rib is the second best prime rib I've ever eaten, and I'm a connoisseur.
- Went to the local Y and signed up yesterday (s.a."GAH"). Perfectly suitable for my needs and located right around the corner.
- Two notable things happened during this process. First, a man came in to exercise who had forgotten his little key-card thingy and had to give his last name instead...and I almost choked on held-back laughter. Out of respect for the delicacy of feelings some of my readers have (*snerk*), I won't repeat the name here. Suffice it to say that in my head I was shrieking, "He might as well be named 'PUBES'!" Second, a teeny, rickety old couple came in to use the pool, noodles in hand. Just as I was thinking to myself, "How adorable, they still exercise together!" they started berating the poor front desk gal because the main pool was closed for the afternoon due to contamination. Like it's her fault! Oh, and the female half of the couple maimed my foot with her cane as they stalked off (okay, shuffled off is more accurate) in a huff.
- Dunkin Donuts decaf iced coffee with a hazelnut shot and milk RULES.
- ZOMFGIRENEMAGEDDON!!!!1!!ELEVEN!!! HALP US WE'RE ALL GONNA DIEEEEEEE! Uh, probably not. But we do plan on securing all outside items so they don't become projectiles.
- Oh, and in case you were wondering...we did find some spectacular fabric to incorporate into my costume, squeeeee!
That's about it for me today, how are all y'all doing?