Tuesday, November 18, 2008

TGIF

Because today IS my Friday, just like Saturday is my Monday. It's a Vegas thing.

Today is also a red-letter-day, because it's the very first day since I started working as a massage therapist that every single one of my appointment slots booked!

Yup. I did NINE 50-minute massage sessions today. So now I'm bushed!

Money in the bank, Baby!

Among those I massaged:

-The most beautiful woman I've ever seen in real life, who happens to be a Navy recruiter out of San Diego.

-A woman who looks exactly like Scarlett Johansson. If ScarJo were 75-years-old! Seriously, during the first part of the massage, I kept wondering why the lady looked so familiar. Then it hit me...Scarlett! Only old. Still very beautiful, don't get me wrong, but OLD.
She was a very nice lady from Maryland who had the following exchange with me before we started:
Me: Any areas you'd like me to focus on today?
Her: Well, I'm constipated. Think you can do something about that?
Me: *blink blink* Absolutely! I'll do a gentle, clock-wise abdominal massage and get things moving for you, how does that sound?
Her: Fantastic!
*LOL*

-A Japanese lady (my final client of the day), who, when asked if she'd had massage before, replied: I arrived from Tokyo today.

Okay, then! Moving right along...

All in all a very good day, which makes up for the totally crappy one I had yesterday. My first massage wasn't until 3:00 PM, and it was a $200 massage booked for a high-roller. He loved the massage, or so he said, then proceeded to waltz right out of the spa without leaving me a tip. *sigh* I'll have to get used to that crap one of these days.

Now I have the weekend to look forward to, yay! Lots of homework, which is nothing new, plus Silver has a job interview on Friday, so that should be exciting.

I'll keep you posted, Folks!

10 comments:

Blondefabulous said...

I wish people would tip like they would like to be tipped. If they ever had to make it on what normal people had to live on, they'd really have their eyes opened, huh?

I am wishing Silver luck on the interview!

Christina RN LMT said...

Blondie, you and me both!
And I'll pass on your good wishes to Silver, thanks!

Anonymous said...

First things first. I'll call you lmt. Is that okay?

Okay, so lmt. Listen to the new Bond song. "Another Way to Die" by Jack White (of Whitestripes) and Alicia Keys. It's rock and roll at its finest! You can listen to it at www.thirdmanrecords.com or you can watch the video at Youtube.

I say this one thing: GOOD LUCK SILVER!

Love ya both!

Anonymous said...

And lmt...this sounds selfish, but... could you comment on my blog sometime?

$200 bucks? WOOOOO HOOOOOOO!!!!!!

For you, of course. ;)

Anonymous said...

LMT. Tell Silver to post on her blog once in a while. Kthnx. I stole that from you. :)

Buck said...

-A Japanese lady (my final client of the day), who, when asked if she'd had massage before, replied: I arrived from Tokyo today.

Okay, then! Moving right along...


Ah. Inscrutable 'R' Us! This brought back some interesting J.A. Pan Co. language flashbacks. One does the "say what?" thing a LOT, over there.

Good Luck to Silver... and enjoy the weekend!

Christina RN LMT said...

Tally, remember that I get 31% of what the massage costs...so I didn't make $200, I made $62.00! Big difference, right?
I'll hear the Bond song when I go watch the movie...;)
And Silver won't blog anymore, I'm not sure why. Just email her!

Buck, it was the most amazing thing. She knew "shoulder" but couldn't remember the word for "arm"! I found it amusing. Basically she wanted me to focus on her right side, because she was in pain from carrying/pulling heavy luggage! "Heavy luggage" she knew, as well. Weird.

Anonymous said...

Twilight got 41%. Ouch.

Trashman said...

Learn to tackle the non tippers.

Christina RN LMT said...

Tally, I KNOW! Pretty bad.

Trashman, I'd rather punch 'em in the kidneys.