Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Oh, the horror(s of miscommunication)!

I was getting ready to massage a lady yesterday, and asked the standard questions: health issues, recent injuries or surgeries, etc. Here's what she told me:

Client: Well, I often have running sores.

Me: *gulp* Oooookay?!

Client: But I haven't run in a few days, so I don't have any sores now.

Me (what I was thinking): Oh, running soreness, you're sore from running...*whew*...dodged that bullet...!

Me (what I said): Excellent; so any areas you want me to focus on?




I had just taken a client into my treatment room and had barely laid hands on her when suddenly there was a knock on the door.

This is pretty much unheard of. There has to be some kind of major crisis to interrupt a service, and typical Mom thoughts of broken bones and emergency rooms were racing through my mind as I took the few steps across the room to open the door.

M., our spa attendant, was hovering outside the door. She whispered urgently, her eyes huge, "You know you have a four o'clock, right?!"

(It was 4:03 on my clock)

I hissed back, "I'm working on my client right now!"

Her eyes got even bigger. "Oh, sorry!" And she raced away.

*LOL*!!

2 comments:

Lin said...

Okay, I admit it; I would have gone all weak-kneed at the mention of running sores as well ... bweh! But the eventual clue-in was funnier'n hell, good one!

Christina RN LMT said...

Lin, it was definitely a language issue! I was so relieved when I figured it out...:)
And it's very good to see you here, thanks for stopping by!