Thursday, November 06, 2008

Musta been the drugs.

I spent most of yesterday sleeping off the drugs they pumped me full of in the hospital. Which is what I suspect is the reason for the dream (nightmare?) I had:

Madonna and Guy Ritchie. Dying, over and over again. Drowning mostly, but then somehow coming back to life again. Sometimes they were trying to save each other, other times they were trying to kill each other. Seeing as I have absolutely no interest in either of them, I have to wonder what was going on in my subconscious!

In other news, I fulfilled my vow to go into class today and take my sociology exam. Got an A, since she graded it while I waited! In an hour or so I'll be driving to Sam Boyd Stadium for Half-time Show Review, a mandatory marching band competition for all Clark County High School bands. Got to watch my baby perform, right? I wasn't sure yesterday if I'd be up to it, but I took a nice long nap after school, so I should be good to go.

Wish Silver luck! I'll have my fingers and toes crossed while watching her band perform!

15 comments:

Sonja said...

Wowza, girl! Don't overdo it! (You can't see this, put pathetically, I'm waving my index finger at the laptop screen.)

phlegmfatale said...

What a go-getter!
Make sure you get enough rest, sweetums!

Christina RN LMT said...

Uh-oh, Sonja! Not the dreaded "Mommy-finger-shake"!
I'll behave, I swear...;)

Rita, I'm trying to get as much rest as possible, trust me. Just not having to go to work is getting rest, as far as I'm concerned.

Blondefabulous said...

Take it easy...... and good luck Silver!

Christina RN LMT said...

Thanks, Blondie! Silver's band has (as far as we know) the highest score in its class. This was technically NOT a competition, just the bands performing and getting scored. Her band director still has to find out one score from Basic High School in Henderson, they are the only ones who might have beat us. We'll see. Tomorrow is the last competition of marching band season, the Las Vegas Invitational. Very Big Deal. It looks like we have a real shot at winning this year, since the other bands we're up against are ones we just beat yesterday! Squeee! (Look at me, saying "we" like I'm in the band, I'm such a geek!)

Trashman said...

Good luck withe everything. Get more rest.

Christina RN LMT said...

Thanks so much, Trashman! It's good to see you here. I'm trying on the rest thing, but it's not easy for me.

Buck said...

Good luck to Silver and her band, Christina, and I'll join in on the finger-shaking bits. ;-)

You take care of yourownself!

Home on the Range said...

Best to Silver - she is just so talented. (like her Mom).

Hope you are feeling better soon.

Christina RN LMT said...

Thank you, Brigid! And thanks again for the card, it was beautiful...:)

Christina RN LMT said...

Buck, how did I miss your comment?!

Thank you, and mind you don't lose that finger...just sayin'...;)

Anonymous said...

Hoping you feel better soon!!! Muah!

Christina RN LMT said...

Oh, thanks so much, Kvegas911! Yes, I'm doing just fine, thank you.

Anonymous said...

Silver is awesome at what she does!

Christina RN LMT said...

Tally, yes she is and SO ARE YOU!!!