Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Wake-up call

My "boyfriend" Julio called me again this morning, waking me up four minutes before my alarm was supposed to ring.

I think if this happens again, I should probably listen until the end of the recording instead of hanging up in a knee-jerk reaction.

It's just creepy, that's all.

Anyway, I want my four minutes of sleep, dangit!




In other news, I massaged a young man from Ireland today. Rowr. I confess to a weakness...I'm a sucker for accents. Doesn't matter what kind, but if I'm not careful, I melt into a puddle, right there in front of you!




And yesterday, I massaged a lady who made me want to move to Texas even more than I already do. A 76-year-old from Houston, she and her husband of 54 years worked the family ranch for 46 years until their doctors convinced them to move to the city where better medical care was available. As she put it (which made me giggle), "I thought we'd grow old together and die on the ranch. But we didn't die!"
What a classy lady, I hope I see her again soon.

7 comments:

Chuck said...

Wait till you hear my accent....get ready to melt all over again! lol

I'm seeing a future with you and Julio. Maybe a full relationship can blossom in say, 6 to 12 years or earlier if he's paroled!

Christina RN LMT said...

Uh-oh! We'd better never talk on the phone or face-to-face...I'd probably embarrass myself!

Julio can rot in prison. I need someone who's available outside of conjugal visits, dammit! Somebody to take out the trash and help me schlepp groceries up the stairs on occasion. Sheesh. Is that too much to ask?

Buck said...

I'm a sucker for accents, too. A woman with one of those cultured Brit Oxbridge accents does it for me... as does French and a Good Ol' Suthin' Drawl. Come to think on it, there aren't many, if any, accents I don't like.

phlegmfatale said...

Love the story of that spunky texas lady.

So, does a German accent turn you on???

Christina RN LMT said...

Phlegmmy...I lived in Germany too long. And had too many English classes at my German school and had to listen to folks butchering the English language! Let's just say that I make an exception for a German accent. It doesn't move me one bit.

breda said...

we need more details on the Irish guy

Christina RN LMT said...

Breda...of course! A young, athletic man with dark curly hair...and AN ACCENT!!!!!