Friday, September 26, 2008

Crappity-crap! Literally.

More adventures at the dog park this evening. Along with oodles of fun for my dogs, which is a very good thing, I stepped in a pile of dog shit that somebody was too lazy to pick up (and somehow this poo got on my jeans, too). Then a fat, unaltered beagle moseyed up to me and lifted his leg on MY leg. As if I were a tree. I was pissed (off? on?). Oh, well. Just a few more of the typical hazards of the dog park, which also include screaming, running kids. No wonder my dog Tucker is afraid of and dislikes kids! I'm actually getting used to the lack of lights at this park. There is a lit sidewalk that runs around the perimeter and gives just enough light to see your dog, and it's nice because the parents tend to take the kiddies away once it gets too dark.
What I find so amusing is that I know a bunch of people who go to this park regularly, but I only know their dogs' names. Just like they know my dogs are Harley and Tucker, but probably don't remember my name! Dog people can be weird.

10 comments:

Blondefabulous said...

OK, that's not weird. When I worked in Memphis, we had a dog friendly store, (they couldn't come in, but we had water, a hitching post and treats for them.), and I knew all of the doggies names and birthdays. Didn't know the owners names, but I knew Odie, and Gracie, and Larry, and Yoda, and Max, and Bill, and I could go on and on!

Buck said...

Dog people can be weird.

As a dog person who's also known as a bit of a weird-o, I second that! ;-)

phlegmfatale said...

If someone's dog wilfully pees on your leg, you should be legally able to do something hideous to them with a wire brush. Just my humble opinion.

Christina RN LMT said...

Blondie, I wonder why it's so much easier to remember the pups' names?

Buck - AMEN!

Phlegmmy - D'you mean the dog, or the owner?!
The pissy dog was the only unaltered dog in the park. Who according to the rules shouldn't even have been there!

The Egel Nest said...

They have parks in Las Vegas? Is it made of sand? :)

Sorry about the dog crap and pee on your lower half...that sucks!

Bradley
The Egel Nest

Christina RN LMT said...

Thanks, Bradley! Yes, we even have trees here...;)

Putz said...

the dog WOULD NOT HAVE DONE THAT if you hadn't alr34ady smeellled like poo, trust me i know I KNOW

Christina RN LMT said...

Are you sure, Putz? 'Cause this isn't the first time this has happened to me! Although last time it was a puppy, so much can be forgiven...:)

Mauser*Girl said...

Sounds like your dog park would benefit either from a dog park monitor, or from a determined clique of regulars who will speak up when morons ruin it for everyone else and make sure those kinds of people don't want to return anytime soon. Like the people who don't pick up poop, bring their unaltered dog to the park, or let their kids run around and scream among a pack of dog. Sounds like it's only a question of time before someone or someone's dog gets mauled at this park and it'll be closed for being dangerous.

Christina RN LMT said...

M*G - just the other night I kicked out two kids whose Mom was in the big dog park with their dog. They wanted to run around and chase the little dogs, but I nipped it in the bud. I was just waiting for the mom to descend on me with WRATH, because I was ready to give her a (verbal) smackdown, but she never showed.

Wimp!

Anyway, this is a very new park, and the only signs posted are the weight restrictions. If you go to the Parks and Recreation website, you'll find all the rules just about nobody abides by. At least it provides me with ammunition as in the case above!