Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Happy New Year!

My year started off with a bang...back-to-back-to-back-to-back (etc., etc.) massages!
I'm exhausted but it's sooooo worth it, considering how slow business has been since Thanksgiving.

Naturally many of the clients were hungover, but I didn't get puked on, so all is well. My eight o'clock client showed up late (of course), I'm just happy she made it in at all!

I was amazed at how many people were hitting the gym early in the morning. Wonder if they'll still be so dedicated in a week or two...

Our spa attendant for the women's spa called in sick today.

I know I should give her the benefit of the doubt, but does she seriously think anyone at work believes her?!

If you know you have to be at work at 8:00 AM on New Year's Day, don't party like a rock star on New Year's Eve!

I surprised myself by staying up until 1:00 AM last night, though going to sleep earlier would have been futile anyway...the fireworks drove my dogs into a brief, but very violent and vocal frenzy. Who knew? They didn't react like this on Independence Day!

Maybe the fireworks weren't so loud then.

Anyway, I want to wish all my faithful readers, even the ones who DON'T leave comments (you know who you are!) a wonderful, prosperous, and healthy 2008. May every succeeding year only get better, because you all deserve it.

1 comment:

Chuck said...

My dog went nuts too with the fireworks. Happy New Year to you too my friend!